Blog / Household Items You Ca...
Household Items You Can Use as Workout Weights
Posted by Kristin Reichert on Sep 25, 20
It’s hard to believe we are at the end of September and it is still near impossible to find weights in stock anywhere. Yet, here we are. So if your home workouts need a little more challenge, it’s time to get creative. Forget pumping iron - here are some common household items you can use as weights instead.
- Canned goods
- Bags of sugar or uncooked rice, pasta or beans
- A clothes iron
- Your MacBook
- Bottle of wine (just be careful, a smashed bottle of pinot noir on your carpet is the last thing you want)
- Half gallon carton of almond milk (or oat milk or whichever milk is your current kick)
- 2-liter bottle of soda
- A 72-oz bottle of laundry detergent
- Got any leftover paint cans in your garage?
- A large stone or thick wooden serving board
- A gallon jug of milk
- Large watermelon
- That Costco-sized bag of dog food you bought
- Fill a backpack with some heavy books (it is the back-to-school season after all!)
- A bowling ball (probably not something you own, but check your local thrift shops)
If you can hold it, you can squat it. So take a look around and see what you can use!